Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brooklyn Flea

The Brooklyn Flea (www.brownstoner.com/brooklynflea) started this weekend! There were a lot of wonderful local designers, vintage furniture stands, yum food vendors. I'm excited to see how it develops as the summer goes on, but for now it's a welcome destination on our weekend stroll. Here are some of the vendors who were there;

A lovely handmade soap/florist shop, located in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Well worth a trip! www.saipua.com. The soaps make great presents but I usually end up keeping at least a few for myself...

This lady had every thing bicycle related, great t-shirts, cards -- www.bicyclepaintings.com

Neighborhood perennial fave, Lena Corwin -- www.lenacorwin.blogspot.com

Beautiful prints from Lotta Jansdotter -- http://jansdotter.com/

I'll post polaroids from our trips to the Flea as the summer goes on. Did you have anything you really enjoyed seeing there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Brooklyn Flea this weekend and found a delightful dagger pin by Deadly Squire. I didn't really see any other great things worth purchasing.

Field Trip said...

Jessica, I have to agree, the offerings weren't as thrilling as I'd hoped for the first day, but it can only get better... plus new vendors come every weekend, so there will always be something new to check out.

I heard mention of live music, wonder when that's supposed to start?

Hopefully we'll at least get a sunny day, it's been freezing so far!